These Peanut Butter Pretzel Energy Bites combine everything you could possibly want in a delicious snack! Sweet chocolate and peanut butter meets salty pretzels in one perfectly textured energy ball.
Sweet plus salty, has there ever been a better combination? I remember going to see movies with my aunt when I was little and she taught me the secret to the ultimate salty sweet movie snack…. are you ready for this? Milk duds dumped in with your movie popcorn! The chocolate covered caramel melts in with your salty butter popcorn and true magic happens.
So, as I was brainstorming new recipes to make, I had this salty sweet movie treat on my mind and these Peanut Butter Pretzel Energy Bites were born! The crunch of the pretzels, the smooth salty peanut butter, the sweet maple syrup and chocolate? Honestly there’s nothing better. A ball or two has been making for the perfect afternoon snack lately, and trust me you’re going to love!
What is the best way to store them?
Personally I like to keep them in an air tight container in the freezer where they will last for several months, but trust me when I say that they definitely won’t last for three months. Before you eat, just take one out and let it sit at room temperature for five minutes before enjoying.
You can also keep them in the fridge as well where they will last for up to two weeks.
To make these balls you will need:
- Old Fashion Rolled Oatmeal – I don’t recommend using steel cut, but instant should also work.
- Pretzels – I used gluten free pretzels but any crunchy pretzel will work great.
- Chia Seeds – Full of fiber and antioxidants and they add the best texture!
- Creamy Peanut Butter – Feel free to substitute for whatever nut butter you want! Cashew, almond, or sunflower seed would all be great.
- Coconut Oil
- Maple Syrup – Honey or agave will work as well.
- Mini Chocolate chips – You can use regular size as well, the mini just mix in and hold together better.
If you love this recipe, you may also like:
- Maple Glazed Almond Bliss Balls
- Healthy Banana Bread Freezer Fudge
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Balls
- Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Balls
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXOPrint
These Peanut Butter Pretzel Energy Bites combine crunchy pretzels, salty peanut butter, and sweet chocolate in one delicious snack!
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oatmeal
- 1 cup pretzels
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl mix together the chia seeds, peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla until well combined.
- Pulse the oatmeal in a food processor until it’s starting to resemble flour then dump into the peanut butter mixture.
- Next pulse the pretzels in the food processor until “crushed” – somewhere between whole and completely ground.
- Add the pulsed pretzels and chocolate chips to the large bowl and mix all ingredients together until combined.
- Shape into balls (it helps to squeeze them to stick together). Chill in the fridge or freezer for 20-30 minutes. Enjoy!
I keep these in the freezer so they last longer and hold their shape nicely but they do well at room temperature for a day or two and in the fridge for a couple days as well.
- Category: snack
- Method: food processor
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 137
- Sugar: 4.7g
- Fat: 5.6g
- Carbohydrates: 18.7g
- Protein: 3.3g
Keywords: energy balls, bliss balls, pretzel ball, peanut butter energy ball
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!