Move over nutter butters! These healthier peanut butter sandwich cookies are lightly sweet, full of peanut butter, and highly delicious.
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt (if your peanut butter doesn’t have salt)
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2–3 tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. If the dough is crumbly, add 2-3 tsp water. If the dough feels too moist, add 1-2 tbsp flour.
- Roll the dough into tbsp size balls. Gently flatten each cookie and create a crisscross pattern with a fork. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- For the filling, mix together the peanut butter and powdered sugar until well combined. Once the cookies are completely cool, spread an even layer on one cookie and sandwich another on top. Enjoy! (Makes about 10 sandwiches)
- If the dough is crumbly, add 2-3 tsp water. If the dough feels too moist, add 1-2 tbsp flour.
- You can replace the flour with all purpose flour.
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie sandwich
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: 8.6g
- Fat: 16.6g
- Carbohydrates: 21.3g
- Protein: 6.1g
Keywords: peanut butter cookie, healthy cookie, healthy nutter butter, sandwich cookie