These Perfectly Soft Peanut Butter Cookies are packed with peanut butter flavor and are wonderfully soft and chewy. They’re also gluten and refined sugar free!
You know that scene in Despicable Me when Agnes (the youngest) is like “IT’S SO FLUFFY I’M GONNA DIE” in regards to the stuffed unicorn? 🦄 Well that’s pretty much how I feel about these fluffy peanut butter cookies 🍪. And unicorns. Both really. Just saying. They are so delicious and packed with peanut butter flavor. These soft cookies are lightly sweetened but feel free to add more sugar if you want to. And of course there’s the chocolate dip, which is optional….. but is chocolate ever really optional??
For these Perfectly Soft Peanut Butter Cookies you will need:
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXOPrint
These Perfectly Soft Peanut Butter Cookies are packed with peanut butter flavor and are wonderfully soft and chewy. The perfect pillowy cookies!
For the Cookie:
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup one to one gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- sprinkle of sea salt
For the Chocolate Glaze:
- 1 (3-4 oz) dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the peanut butter, flour, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and baking soda until smooth.
- Place spoonfuls of batter (about 2 tbsp) onto baking tray. Using the back of a greased fork, press down to partially flatten the cookie, leaving imprints from the prongs going down the middle. Repeat, this time at a perpendicular angle to the last imprint. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on top and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack for a few minutes.
- In a double boiler or the microwave melt together the chocolate bar and coconut oil.
- Once the cookies are completely cooled, dip half way in melted chocolate. (I found it was more successful if I stuck the cookies in the freezer for about 10 minutes before I dipped them in chocolate. It made them more sturdy). Let chocolate harden (or not) and enjoy!
These cookies are not overly sweet especially if you use super dark chocolate for the glaze. If you like things sweeter, I would recommend adding in 1/4 cup of some sort of granulated sugar: coconut sugar, brown sugar, cane sugar, etc.
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 8.6g
- Fat: 9.6g
- Carbohydrates: 15.3g
- Protein: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 16.1mg
Keywords: gluten free cookies, peanut butter cookies, healthy peanut butter cookies
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!