This noodle stir fry is loaded with chicken, colorful veggies, and the best savory sauce. It couldn’t be faster or easier to throw together for a quick weeknight meal.
- 8 oz rice noodles
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, sliced into very thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup peanuts, roughly chopped (or more to taste)
- fresh cilantro for topping (optional)
For the Sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- Cook the rice noodles according to package directions. Drain, rinse in cold water, then toss in sesame oil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- While the noodles are cooking, heat vegetable oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add chicken and let cook for 3-4 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate while you cook the vegetables.
- Add bell peppers to the pan and sauté for 1 minute. Add carrots and garlic and sauté 1 additional minute.
- Add sauce and noodles and toss to combine. Continue to cook, stirring frequently for 1-2 minutes (don’t let the noodles overcook).
- Top with chopped peanuts and cilantro and serve.
Feel free to use any veggies that you want in this recipe, just make sure to adjust the cooking time depending on the vegetables.
- Category: entree
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: asian
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 357
- Sugar: 8g
- Fat: 11.8g
- Carbohydrates: 41.2g
- Protein: 20.1g
Keywords: noodle stir fry, stir fry, healthy asian food, asian noodles