This noodle stir fry is loaded with chicken, colorful veggies, and the best savory sauce. It couldn’t be faster or easier to throw together for a quick weeknight meal.
- 8 oz rice noodles
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, sliced into very thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup peanuts, roughly chopped (or more to taste)
- fresh cilantro for topping (optional)
For the Sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- Cook the rice noodles according to package directions. Drain, rinse in cold water, then toss in sesame oil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- While the noodles are cooking, heat vegetable oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add chicken and let cook for 3-4 minutes or until cooked almost all the way through.
- Add bell peppers, carrots and garlic to the pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes until vegetables have softened.
- Add sauce and noodles and toss to combine. Continue to cook, stirring frequently for 1-2 minutes (don’t let the noodles overcook).
- Top with chopped peanuts and cilantro and serve.
- Feel free to use any veggies that you want in this recipe, just make sure to adjust the cooking time if necessary. I particularly enjoy purple cabbage.
- Category: entree
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: asian
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 357
- Sugar: 8g
- Fat: 11.8g
- Carbohydrates: 41.2g
- Protein: 20.1g
Keywords: noodle stir fry, stir fry, healthy asian food, asian noodles