This Quick and Easy Taco Soup is super healthy and full of flavor. It comes together in no time at all and makes for the perfect weeknight dinner or easy meal prep.
Awwwwww taco soup, you truly have my heart. Isn’t there something just so satisfying about throwing a bunch of ingredients in a pot, letting it simmer, and then BAM! You got yourself one insanely easy delicious dinner. The absolute perfect meal when it’s cold and dreary outside and you don’t have any motivation to cook. I’ve eaten this three days in a row now and I’m still not even close of getting tired of it. Plus it’s totally customizable! Not a big fan of ground turkey? Switch it out for ground beef or chicken. Not a meat eater? Leave it out completely and switch out the chicken broth for veggie broth. The best ever Quick and Easy Taco Soup!
To make this Quick and Easy Taco Soup you will need:
- olive oil
- ground turkey
- white onion
- taco seasoning (I like this one because it’s gluten free)
- black beans
- pinto beans
- green bell pepper
- fire roasted tomatoes
- chicken or veggie broth
A few notes:
1. I used ground turkey but any ground meat would work (chicken, beef, etc).
2. To make vegan just omit the meat and replace the chicken broth with vegetable broth.
3. One of the reasons I love taco soup is all the toppings! I’m personally a fan of avocado, crushed tortilla chips, and queso fresco cheese.
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXO
Quick and Easy Taco Soup
- January 3, 2020
- 45 min
- Print this
- • 1 tbsp olive oil
- • 1 lb ground turkey
- • 1 white onion, diced
- • 1 packet taco seasoning
- • 1 can corn, drained (can also use 1 cup frozen corn)
- • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- • 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- • 1 green bell pepper, diced
- • 1 can (15 oz) fire roasted diced tomatoes
- • 3 cups chicken broth
- Step 1
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and ground turkey and cook stirring frequently until the meat is cooked through.
- Step 2
- Stir in the taco seasoning and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Step 3
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. Cover and let simmer on low for 30-40 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!