This colorful Roasted Italian Vegetable Medley is the perfect side dish to compliment any main course. So simple yet satisfying every time.
Did I steal the phrase “simple yet satisfying” from Pumbaa in the Lion King’s “slimy yet satisfying”? Why yes, yes I did. But incredibly accurate non-the-less. This Roasted Italian Vegetable Medley has been mine and Caleb’s go-to veggie side dish for quite some time, as in several years. If I’m ever planning meals for the week and I can’t decide what vegetables to make, this recipe is my default because it’s so quick and delicious. It’s honestly amazing how a few simple spices, a quick roast in the oven, and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese can transform simple vegetables into the most drool-worthy side dish ever. Trust me this veggie medley will be your new favorite side dish!
To make this Roasted Italian Vegetable Medley you will need:
- yellow squash
- cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- italian seasoning
- parmesan cheese
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXO
Roasted Italian Vegetable Medley
- February 6, 2020
- 30 min
- Print this
- • 2 small zucchini, cut into coins and then sliced in half
- • 2 small yellow squash, cut into coins and then sliced in half
- • 12 oz cherry tomatoes (or any small tomato), sliced into halves
- • 2 tbsp olive oil
- • 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- • Salt and pepper to taste
- • 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (or more to taste)
- Step 1
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil (optional. Just makes for easier clean up)
- Step 2
- In a large bowl toss the zucchini, squash, and tomatoes with the olive oil, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper.
- Step 3
- Pour onto the baking dish and spread into and even layer.
- Step 4
- Roast for 15 minutes, sprinkle parmesan evenly on top, then roast for an additional 10 minutes.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!