The BEST roasted red pepper hummus recipe! You’ll love this super creamy hummus full of roasted red pepper, garlic, and a touch of paprika!
Some of the stranger foods I’ve snuck into movie theaters: Sonic Milkshakes, KFC, pumpkin pie, sweet potato fries, a bag of pecans. You get the idea, I’m real big on sneaking any food that’s currently on my mind into the movie theater. The food currently on my mind for the next movie I attend? My super creamy roasted red pepper hummus! Will I get some weird side eyes from folks wondering what the weird girl has stashed in her Tupperware? Most likely. But those carrot sticks and pita chips aren’t going to dip themselves! Seriously though this hummus is so creamy and yummy and has the most delicious twist of sweet roasted red peppers that just takes it to the next level. Perfect for dipping, spreading on toast, or using in a wrap. You’re going to love!
To make this Roasted Red Pepper Hummus you will need:
- roasted red pepper
- tahini (this is my favorite)
- olive oil
- garbanzo beans/ chick peas
- liquid from chick pea can
- garlic clove
- salt to taste
A few notes:
1. The key to a super smooth and light hummus is to let the food processor go for several minutes even if it’s looking smooth (I let mine run for about 5 min). The addition of the chick pea liquid will also help to make it super light and fluffy.
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXO
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- December 3, 2019
- 10 min
- Print this
- • 1/3 cup roasted red peppers (from a jar or home made)
- • 1/4 cup tahini
- • 1 tbsp olive oil
- • 1 can garbanzo beans/ chick peas
- • 2 tbsp liquid from chick pea can
- • juice from 1/2 lemon
- • 1 medium garlic clove
- • 1/2 tsp cumin
- • 1/4 tsp paprika
- • salt to taste
- Step 1
- Add everything to a food processor and process until smooth. Salt to taste. If needed to thin, add more liquid from the chick pea can.
- Step 2
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for about 1 week.
- Step 3
- TIP: The key to a super smooth and light hummus is to let the food processor go for several minutes even if it’s looking smooth (I let mine run for about 5 min). The addition of the chick pea liquid will also help to make it super light and fluffy.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!