This better-than-takeout Sesame Chicken Stir Fry is gluten free, Whole30, and packed with veggies! The whole meal comes together in under 30 minutes. So easy and everyone always loves it.
Could I ever do Whole30? No, no I could not. Because of chocolate. And wine. And coffee. And cake. I digress. But can I make and DEVOUR the most delicious Whole30 stir fry? Why yes, yes I certainly can. Seriously though I have nothing but admiration for anyone who can make it though a Whole30! Major props. But a meal as tasty as this one definitely makes the prospect sound way more attainable because hello deliciousness! The easiest stir fry with the tastiest sesame glaze comes together in no time at all. Full of flavor, full of veggies, all the good things. And even if you’re not into Whole30, trust me you will definitely still like this Sesame Chicken Stir Fry!
To make this Sesame Chicken Stir Fry you will need:
- chicken breast
- snap peas
- olive oil
- arrowroot powder
- coconut aminos
- vegetable or chicken broth
- date syrup
- sesame oil
- red wine vinegar
- rice or cauliflower rice for serving
A few notes:
1. I chose snap peas and carrots but feel free to change it up with whatever veggies you want! Broccoli would be an excellent addition.
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXO
Sesame Chicken Stir Fry
- February 7, 2020
- 20 min
- Print this
- • 2 chicken breast, cubed
- • 2 cups shredded carrots
- • 2 cups snap peas, chopped
- • 2 tbsp olive oil
- For the Sauce:
- • 1 tbsp arrowroot powder (can use corn starch if not Whole30)
- • 1 tbsp water
- • 1/4 cup coconut aminos (can use soy sauce if not Whole30)
- • 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- • 1 tbsp date syrup (can use honey if not Whole30. Or leave out completely)
- • 2 tsp sesame oil
- • 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- • 1 tsp minced garlic
- • 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- • Rice or cauliflower rice for serving
- Step 1
- Whisk together the arrowroot powder and water until smooth and no clumps remain. Whisk in remaining sauce ingredients until smooth and set aside.
- Step 2
- In a large pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil on med-high heat. Add the carrots and snap peas and cook for 4 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the pan and set aside.
- Step 3
- Heat the second tablespoon of olive oil and add the chicken to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the sauce to the pan and bring to a simmer. Let simmer on low for 4 minutes or until thick.
- Step 4
- Toss the vegetables with the chicken and sauce and serve over rice or cauliflower rice.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!