Apricots and sriracha give this super creamy carrot hummus a sweet and spicy delicious kick. Makes for the most delicious flavor combination! You’re going to love this Spicy Apricot Carrot Hummus!
Spicy Apricot Carrot Hummus with a kick of sriracha. I know, I know it sounds like a strange combination at first but hear me out. I first tried this flavor combo when I found a tub of it at our local grocery store. I’m all for trying weird new things so of course I had to give it a go. Immediately I was like danggggggg. The sweet from the apricot balanced by the spicy from the sriracha? Such a home run! Since that glorious moment when I first tried the hummus I (sadly) have not been able to locate that brand and flavor again. This left me with no choice but to do some digging into the ingredients and make my own! Honestly homemade is always a better option anyways because 1. It’s cheaper 2. It makes wayyyyy more 3. There’s no weird added unnecessary ingredients or chemicals and 4. It actually even tastes better! Give this hummus a whirl and I know you’re going to love it as much as I do!
To make this Spicy Apricot Carrot Hummus you will need:
- dried apricots
- tahini (this is my favorite)
- olive oil
- garbanzo beans/ chick peas
- liquid from chick pea can
- garlic clove
- salt and pepper to taste
A few notes:
1. The key to a super smooth and light hummus is to let the food processor go for several minutes even if it’s looking smooth (I let mine run for about 5 min). The addition of the chick pea liquid will also help to make it super light and fluffy.
2. I steamed my carrots by placing them in a steamer basket (lid on) over a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes.
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXO
Spicy Apricot Carrot Hummus
- February 26, 2020
- 10 min
- Print this
- • 2 large steamed carrots
- • 1/3 cup dried apricots
- • 1/4 cup tahini
- • 1 tbsp olive oil
- • 1 can chickpeas
- • 4 tbsp chick pea liquid (more as needed)
- • 1 medium garlic clove
- • 1/2 tsp cumin
- • 2 tsp sriracha (more if you like it extra spicy)
- • salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1
- Add everything to a food processor and process until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste. If needed to thin, add more liquid from the chick pea can.
- Step 2
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for about 1 week.
- Step 3
- TIP: The key to a super smooth and light hummus is to let the food processor go for several minutes even if it’s looking smooth (I let mine run for about 5 min). The addition of the chick pea liquid will also help to make it super light and fluffy.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!