This Spicy Firecracker Salmon has a sweet and spicy glaze made from simple, wholesome ingredients. The best part? It only takes 25 minutes from start to finish!
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- a few shakes of red pepper flakes
- 1 lb salmon, skin on or off
- 1 tsp corn starch whisked together with 1 tbsp water
- Turn the oven on to 375 F.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the glaze (lime juice, soy sauce, honey, sriracha, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, and olive oil) and pour 1/2 of the mixture in a deep dish.
- Lay the salmon flat in the dish then, using tongs, gently flip salmon several times in mixture before letting it sit for 10 minutes (or up to 30 minutes. Skin up if your salmon has skin).
- Transfer the salmon to oven (skin down) and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until done (will vary depending on thickness of salmon)
- While the salmon is marinating, simmer the remaining sauce in a small saucepan with the cornstarch mixture on low until thick, about 5 minutes. Once the salmon is finished cooking, spoon simmered sauce on top and serve.
- One reason I love this salmon is because it is the perfect protein to serve with so many different sides! On top of a salad, alongside some fried rice, with some crispy potatoes and roasted asparagus, the options are endless!
- Serving Size: serves 4
- Calories: 226
- Sugar: 5.8g
- Fat: 10.1g
- Carbohydrates: 8.4g
- Protein: 26.7g
- Cholesterol: 57.9mg
Keywords: spicy firecracker salmon, firecracker salmon, spicy salmon, healthy salmon