Tomato soup but with a twist! A touch of sweet from roasted red peppers and a kick of heat makes for the coziest Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Soup!
I have been WAITING to make this soup! Literally every week I’ve been checking out the weather forecast waiting for the temperature to finally drop. Basically like a little kid waiting for Christmas if I’m being honest. I just can’t make soup in 80 degree weather, you know what I’m saying? I just won’t do it! Tank tops and soup are just not cute together.
Now you know I couldn’t make a regular old tomato soup, I had to kick it up a notch. The addition of the roasted bell peppers adds such a unique depth of flavor and the crushed red peppers brings up the heat! So cozy. So dang delicious!
To make this Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Soup you will need:
- red bell peppers
- yellow onion
- olive oil
- crushed red pepper flakes
- vegetable broth
- garlic powder
- italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
If you love this soup, you may also like:
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXO
Tomato soup but with a delicious twist! A touch of sweet from roasted red peppers and a kick of heat from red pepper flakes makes for the coziest soup! You’re going to love this Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Soup!
- 2 red peppers
- 4 cups tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a large piece of foil and place the red bell peppers on it. On a separate tray (no foil necessary) pile on the tomatoes and onion. Toss the tomatoes and onion with the olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Roast the tomatoes and onion for 20 minutes and the bell peppers for 25 minutes. Remove the trays from the oven and fold the foil to cover the peppers to steam for 10 minutes. Peel away the skin and remove the seeds and stems from the peppers.
- Transfer the roasted vegetables to a high speed blender and add in the vegetable broth, crushed red pepper, garlic powder, italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer soup to a large pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
- This soup has a good kick to it but if you’re not into the spicy just don’t add as much crushed red pepper or leave it out.
- This soup is on the lighter side so it’s perfect to serve alongside your favorite sandwich!
- Category: entree, lunch
- Method: oven, stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: serves 4
- Calories: 103
- Sugar: 9.8g
- Fat: 4.1g
- Carbohydrates: 15.8g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: spicy roasted red pepper tomato soup, roasted red pepper soup, tomato soup, spicy tomato soup
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!