A fun Thai twist on chicken salad with the most delicious peanut sauce! You’re going to love this Thai Peanut Chicken Salad! (recipe adapted from fitfoodiefinds)
When she ain’t that cute but has a great personality….. aka all chicken salad ever made in the history of chicken salad 🤷♀️. You truly just can’t make this stuff look all that aesthetically pleasing. But trust me folks when I say this Thai Peanut Chicken Salad may just be the best chicken salad I’ve ever had! I am personally a huge sucker for a peanut sauce and would eat it on just about anything (certainly helps out my “peanut butter is good on everything” theory). And this peanut sauce is no exception! Fresh, creamy, and just the perfect amount of spice!
To make this Thai Peanut Chicken Salad you will need:
A few notes:
1. I enjoyed my chicken salad on giant lettuce cups but there’s so many ways you could eat it! On a salad, sandwich, toast, with crackers, sweet potato toast, by itself, you do you!
2. You can cook the chicken any way you want! Bake, poach, slow cooker, whatever works for you. Or make it even easier and just buy a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery. Shred it up and you’re good to go.
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXO
Thai Peanut Chicken Salad
- September 14, 2019
- 20 min
- Print this
- For the salad
- • 2 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- • 1 cup shredded carrots
- • 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- • 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- • peanuts, for topping
- For the sauce
- • 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- • 1/4 mayo (I used avocado mayo)
- • 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- • 2 teaspoons freshly ground ginger
- • juice from 1 lime
- • 2 tbsp soy sauce
- • 1-2 tbsp sriracha
- • salt, to taste
- Step 1
- Mix all of the sauce ingredients together in a bowl (whisk until smooth) and set aside.
- Step 2
- In a larger bowl combine the chicken, pepper, carrots, cabbage, and cilantro.
- Step 3
- Pour the sauce over the chicken mixture and fully combine. (if the chicken was hot, I would let it chill in the fridge)
- Step 4
- Sprinkle with peanuts and serve.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!