Introducing the best Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies. So dang delicious and addictive you would never know that they’re gluten free!
- 1/2 cup cold cubed butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cups chocolate chips (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- sea salt for sprinkling on top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (if you have it. If not, just use the whisk attachment or a hand mixer) mix together the cold butter and sugar for 30 seconds on low speed. Turn the mixer up to medium speed and mix for 4 minutes until combined and fluffy.
- Add in the egg, vanilla, salt, baking soda, and corn starch and mix for 1 minute until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. (If the batter appears somewhat lumpy at this point, don’t be alarmed. It will all come together when you add the flour)
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined. With mixer still on low, add in the chocolate chips and walnuts (optional) until incorporated.
- Cover and let chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and up to overnight.
- Portion the dough into about 2 tbsp size balls onto the prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes, until the edges are golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with sea salt (optional).
- If you’re impatient for cookies (who isn’t) you don’t absolutely have to chill the dough. The cookies will still be delicious either way. However I do recommend chilling the dough if you can because you’ll end up with a thicker cookie.
- After testing the cookies several times, 10 minutes 30 seconds was the perfect amount of time for my oven.
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 194
- Sugar: 16.6g
- Fat: 7.4g
- Carbohydrates: 19.8g
- Protein: 3.5g
Keywords: the best chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip cookies, soft chocolate chip cookies, gluten free chocolate chip cookies