Your classic banana bread gets a fun coconut twist with these Toasted Coconut Banana Bread Muffins! (recipe adapted from cottercrunch.com)
I made this recipe to get me through the day when I was feeling like death post-time change. You know the feeling… feeling cheated that you got an hour less of sleep than you deserve. Yet you just couldn’t force yourself to go to bed an hour early the night before because you’re trying not to let your inner grandma come out too too much. But hey grandmas are known for going to bed early and being fantastic at baking so maybe I should just give in after all… tbd on that one.
To make these Toasted Coconut Banana Bread Muffins you will need:
- oat flour (I like to make my own by blending rolled oatmeal)
- shredded unsweetened coconut
- almond flour
- ground chia seed (or flaxseed)
- cinnamon and pinch of ground ginger
- baking soda
- baking powder
- sea salt
- coconut oil
- maple syrup
- apple cider vinegar
If you love this recipe, you may also like:
- Healthy Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Bakery Style Blueberry Swirl Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Sweet Potato Bread
- Sweet Potato Chai Muffins
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXOPrint
Your classic banana bread gets a fun coconut twist with these Toasted Coconut Banana Bread Muffins!
- 1/2 cup shredded (large flake) unsweetened coconut
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 3 tbsp ground chia seed (or flaxseed)
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 4 tbsp coconut oil (melted and cooled)
- 4 tbsp of maple syrup
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray or line with muffin liners and set aside.
- Spread you coconut on a baking sheet and toast for 5-10 minutes. Check at 5 minutes to see progress. To make sure the coconut toasts evenly, toss half way between baking. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Mix your almond flour, oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ground chia, and salt.
- In another bowl whisk your eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, bananas, and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine your baking soda and apple cider vinegar. Wait till it bubbles then add this to your banana egg mix batter. Gently stir.
- Pour your wet mixture in with the dry and stir to combine. Fold in 1/3 cup toasted coconut.
- Spoon into 12 muffin cups. Top with extra toasted coconut, and bake for 20-25 minutes.
You can make your own oat flour by blending rolled oatmeal in a food processor or blender.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 9g
- Fat: 11.6g
- Carbohydrates: 21.7g
- Protein: 5.6g
Keywords: coconut, coconut muffin, banana bread, muffin
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!