Enjoy the FLUFFIEST gluten free pancakes with an extra boost of protein and probiotics from Lifeway Kefir Vanilla Kefir. The ideal weekend breakfast.
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Lifeway Kefir Vanilla Kefir
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, Vanilla Kefir, butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until completely combined. (NOTE: Pancake batter will be thick and will puff up as it sits).
- Lightly coat a nonstick skillet with oil or butter and heat over medium – medium low. Spoon batter onto the skillet, 1/4 cup at a time. Use your spoon or scoop to form the round pancakes.
- Cook on the first side and then flip when little bubbles start to appear on the top of the pancakes. Flip and cook until the other side is browned and cooked through.
- Best enjoyed with butter and maple syrup
- This batter will be thick so I recommend help the batter spread and form a round shape with your spoon or spatula.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pancakes, kefir, gluten free pancakes, protein pancakes